Labels

Monday, February 1, 2010

So, I have been closing matches like a crazy person. EHarmony makes you tell people why you have closed the match. I usually put "other" for my reason or "I am taking a break from dating." So, I open up my match page and there are some new guys. Some of them are cute too! BUT, those a- holes have already closed on me! Their reason... "other" or "I am taking a break from dating" In other words, that is EHarmony code for I don't like you. I have no closure! What's wrong with me then? Oh well. Now I know what it feels like to be closed on. This online dating thing can dash your confidence quickly, especially if you are constantly closed on. This process will not boost your confidence. I feel sorry for all my closed matches. Maybe I should have given them a second chance. Maybe not, but I do hope that some nice girl answers their questions.

I have been communicating with one cutie on EHarmony. His picture looks nice. I made a bold move to communicate first with him and he answered my questions. Yay! You see, you have to pick some lame questions for them to answer. They are multiple choice and generally stupid. But then they send their own stupid questions back to you. So at least you are both sending stupid questions to each other. You answer them and supposedly you know that this is the love of your life by the way they answered. For instance, "What would you do if your date took you to a party where you knew no one?" His answer was D) "I would grab a vodka and case the room." You see, that tells me SO much about his personality. I can deduce from that question that he is an alcoholic and has social anxiety. Great! "What's your dream getaway?" was another question. His answer was Thailand. Call me crazy... but I hate tsunamis. Maybe we aren't meant to be. Wait a second! Maybe EHarmony is on to something with these stupid questions. I'm gonna cut it off. I never want to go to Thailand. I never want to answer his questions again. It's over. I'm gonna have to close this match. I am going to "other" or "take a break from dating" him now.

I am still communicating with OKCupid guy. I guess I should just balls out set it up. Now we are chatting back and forth but neither of us will say "Let's meet Wednesday at 4 for coffee." I hope he's not a serial killer. If he is, he's a cute serial killer. Serial killers probably would be more forward about setting up a date, right? I will say when I am going out and tell a friend just in case I disappear. Is it weird to be this nervous that my date is going to kidnap me and kill me? OK, maybe these are normal fears. I guess I will just stick to a very public place where someone would notice if my date tried to kidnap me. Maybe a Starbucks location. OK, so if you see a woman being kidnapped from the Starbucks at 39th and 8th, please call the cops. That is me and the kidnapper is my date from OKCupid.

Blair

No comments:

Post a Comment