Labels

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Well girls, I have taken quite a break from online dating. Things in my life have picked up with another nice fellow lately, so I have found myself completely uninterested in online dating. I should though... you never know what can happen. So, EHarmony keeps getting away from me. They send me 10 new lovely Indian guys every day. It's a good thing I actually like Indian guys. Only problem is, you never know what their families are like. I have a feeling these guys are serious about marriage. Some are serious about religion too. I usually just close those matches immediately because I figure, come on, you think this guy is going to bring me home to his family? His parents would pick me apart in 2 seconds! Can you imagine what they would say about me? I don't make a steady income and I am old. I do keep the guys that are spiritual, but not religious. And of course, I cut anyone if they are unattractive. I mean, that's what it all boils down to. After you see 10 new pictures a day, I gotta go with the looks first. Sometimes, I look at their first line though. If they sound witty, I'll keep them. I can only imagine what they think when they see me. I have a picture with a goat, so for those who don't get humor, I must look like a weirdo. These guys probably have some all Indian online dating blog going right now and are all posting that "this weird girl has her profile pic with a goat. Weird. Definitely not gonna bring her home to meet my parents." I do get closed on too though. It hurts because you feel like they never gave you a chance, but you get over it. That is one thing that is good about online dating... you get over rejection fast.

As far as OKCupid, I haven't checked it in days. I just let it go. There are some really cute guys on there but I only get messages from men over 50. Seriously. No offense, but no! Listen up... If you are 50, don't try to find a girl that is 15 years younger than you. It won't work, unless you have money and you find the kind of girl who likes money and is willing to tolerate you. Not to say that age is the biggest factor in dating. I am all for dating whoever you want but dating someone that much younger usually doesn't work. It can if you have the 2 right people but most of the time, let's be honest, she'll leave you for the hot male nanny in a few years.

I think I will take some time this week and try to go back to OKCupid. I am going to quit EHarmony after this month. Only one guy I kind of wanted to talk to but the ball is in my court and I am chickening out.

Blair

No comments:

Post a Comment