Labels

Sunday, January 24, 2010

I am a horrible person

If you let this thing get away from you for a couple of days, it is impossible to catch up! I just spent the last hour judging people on their looks alone. Here's the thing... these guys are all probably nice. They would all be dateable if you got to know them, but not everyone can make the team. So, I had to go through and try to weed out all the nice guys that aren't hot to me. The worst part on EHarmony is that you have to answer why you are closing the match. I don't want that guy to be told over and over again that "there just isn't any chemistry." So, I just checked the box that read "other" or "I'd rather not say." The problem with "I'd rather not say" is that it may read to him that I didn't choose him because his faults were just too great or so horrible that I can't put it into words. So, I went with the vague "other" or "age difference is too great" for the guys who were 10 years older than me.

One cute guy on OKCupid totally caught me! I asked him why he had a camera in every photo. He emailed me back and said "Shame on you! If you had read my profile, you would have read that I am a photographer." AND, I am from your home state too." I didn't know how to respond. I felt horrible. I judged him on his profile pics. He was a piece of meat to me. Oh well. I guess the true nature of ourselves comes out when online dating. Men are meat. That's just how I'll have to push forward. If I like the cut of meat, I just might stop to read about the meat's personality. I am a horrible person.

Oh and adding to my list of "types of people that like me"... Indian men. Old guys and Indian men. Or maybe, Indian men and old guys are the only guys forward enough to reach out to me. Whatever the case, all these other dudes should learn a lesson from these guys. You send out a 1000 ships... one of them will return eventually.

-Blair

No comments:

Post a Comment