Labels

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Jumping into the Online Dating Pool


Hi all! Natalie here. I just joined OK Cupid. Boy, some of these boys don't have a sense of humor. Dan here sent me an email, apparently doing his best to woo me, by questioning if I have been using drugs. I thought my profile had a nice blend of wit and honesty, but Dan here disagrees. At least there's someone who liked me:

Sweet! Then there's this one, obviously a hopeless romantic:


So!

Obviously there is a well of intelligent, sensitive, and witty young men to choose from here.

Now, I actually did find one boy that I found to be very attractive. We were a 94% match and had very much in common. So, how do you go about playing the game? I added him to my "saved" list, and he then gets an email saying that I added him as a favorite. Then, he wrote me a quick note.

Nice! Now what do I do? Do I wait a few hours and pretend I did not immediately get the email? Who knows.... I immediately write back because I am excited. So we do this a few times and we find more and more in common. As it is now, I was the last writer-backer. So, the ball is in his court. Let's see if he writes! Or else I may have to check in with the gay guy and see if he's changed his sexuality for me.

Wish me luck!
---Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment