Labels

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

well, ok..cupid.

Ok, I’m all signed up. I’ve been a member for about 12 hours now, should I be offended nobody’s “winked” at me yet? Who am I kidding? I don’t really want to wink at anyone either. In the not-internet-life, I’m always the one to make the first move; to do the chasing. Well not here, they can come to me! Oh lord, it’s going to be even more disheartening if that doesn’t happen. Men who sign up to a site specifically to find women but still won’t make a move? Here we go…

Already I’ve searched for some common interests, and about 15 guys in our community popped up. And that’s only the ones that had high percent matches with me. Can they see me too? I don’t want them sidling up to me at the bar now thinking I’m so single I’ve now gone to the same internet bar as them.

I feel I might get a rascally group as I’ve listed myself as a smoker who drinks often, doesn’t want a long term relationship, and doesn’t want kids. I assume that, to men, that screams casual sex. It’s not really that though. I mean, it could be, but I’m pretty picky* so it won’t be as easy as they think.

I’m actually off to a date with a guy I didn’t meet on the internet, so tomorrow we’ll see how I still feel about this little experiment.

-Tootie

*shallow

No comments:

Post a Comment