Labels

Thursday, January 21, 2010

I am an old guy magnet.

So, I joined OK Cupid and presto! Natalie and Tootie are on to something with Ok Cupid. Completely different game now. I have basically spent money on Eharmony to have annoying messages from old dudes crowd my inbox. I know they mean well, but I want to say this to all older dudes out there in the world who don't get it... If you aren't some sort of celebrity or gorgeous silver fox, you shouldn't be asking girls out that are 20 years younger than you. Go find an older lady that has kids who is easily impressed by men standing beside their fancy cars in photos. I would say about 65% of guys on EHarmony have a photo posted with a fancy car. If you are reading this and you are a dude considering posting pics, DO NOT POST PICTURES OF YOU STANDING BESIDE YOUR CAR! These guys all appear to be going through a mid life crisis.

Speaking of a real mid-life crisis...
An older gentleman "winked" at me and wanted to talk to me. So I looked at his profile. It read "I am a 55 year old man, married with an 8 yr. old daughter who I am crazy about." (sounds like a winner so far) Interests: My wife has terminal cancer and I'd like to meet you. Well, as good as that offer was, I had to decline. Now I am sure that his story is a very sad one and there must be a reason that he is doing this, but seriously if you want to start dating someone maybe wait a bit. I love the honeymoon phase as much as anyone, but honeymoon phase isn't as romantic if you have to help your boyfriend grieve through his wife's tragic death from cancer. Just my thought. Maybe I am just a cold person though. I decided to not return the wink. I did have another 2 old guys email me. I was actually impressed that they knew how to email considering their age.

BUT then, I started to have some real cute guys start to email me from OK Cupid. What? There are cute dudes online? OK Cupid was free AND had way more dateable options. These guys were witty and creative types. None of them had photos with their car in the picture! That's huge! BUT OK Cupid was giving me the goods I wanted. One guy was wearing a monkey suit in his profile pic but I found it funny. I am wondering if Natalie or Tootie have seen the cute guy in the monkey suit? Well, I saved him and a few others. I think I will start chatting now. Oh, one guy told me he liked my bangs longer. I appreciated the fact that he gave me an honest opinion on my hair (not really). He was cute though, so we'll see about Mr. Bangs. I haven't responded to anyone yet. But maybe I will tonight! I have to admit that my heart is conflicted about all this, but I have to do this. This grand experiment will hopefully pay off when it teaches me important lessons in life. Maybe I'll learn more about myself. Or maybe I'll just come away knowing any man over 50 is my type and I happen to have a thing for men in monkey suits.

-Blair

1 comment:

  1. natalie here.....

    Blair, I have seen the monkey suit guy! Haven't interacted with him. However, you girls know I like the mustachioed. Got an email from a super mustachioed gentleman, and we are writing back and forth. Good luck with the monkey man!

    ReplyDelete