Labels

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

OK, so I have officially signed up for EHarmony. They say you can look at your matches for free which really means that you can read your matches for free. They all read like we could really make something together. Behind that blank picture should be is a great guy who has so much in common with me. If I could just see him, then all this would be worth it. You see, you have to pay the money to see the guys. So, I did. I was curious and thought that there would be one good guy out of the 12 matches. But this is how it really played out...

I paid $50 to find out that all my 12 matches were all doughboys over 45, bald, overweight and one kid possibly from MTV's "Jersey Shore" who wears straw hats and is very tan. That kid put a heart shaped picture up of him and his ex girlfriend with the caption "me and my ex. We are so done but I thought this captured my smile." 4 of them lived within a 10 mile radius, which was good. The other 8 lived in Stamford, CT or Rutherford, NJ. I don't like long commutes and I don't own a car. Oh and by the way, I really don't care if a guy is bald or overweight. It's in how you wear it. I can find it sexy... but trust me on this one... none of these guys owned it. One guy took a picture and his expression looks painful. Like he put a broom up his ass and then took a picture. I had to officially close those matches and give reasons. That part felt bad, but I tried to be honest. It's an age thing or a distance thing. I did say on a few that I'm closing this match because "I'd rather not say." But by saying that... I said a lot.

A few of them wanted to talk to me. EHarmony sends a weird robotic email to you that reads "Match requests communication." Well, I am not sure if I want to communicate with this one. His profile pic is a picture of him about 100 yards away. He looks OK from that far out, but it makes me wonder... is it that bad up close? I guess I'll talk. The best part was, after I declined all these matches, EHarmony told me that there are no more matches for me at this time. Am I that un-matchable? So, I have to wait until someone new signs up and happens to be my type. That could be a while. So, I am gonna try OKCupid like Tootie and Natalie. Let's see if I have better luck. In the meantime, I'm going to "grant permission to communicate" with 100 yards away guy.

-Blair

No comments:

Post a Comment